Jonathan Ng (crossbonegundam@home.com)
Fri, 05 Jan 2001 22:47:59 -0500

At 12:19 PM 1/4/2001 -0800, you wrote:
> > <Slight Gundam ZZ spoilers>

>Yes, you're right -- I meant the AMX-004-2 Qubeley Mark-II for the massed MS,
>with the NZ-000 Quin Mantha as the squadron leader. I didn't see the term
>"Newtype army" in my one unboxed reference book (received after we moved down
>here) but that certainly gibes with what's in that reference. If there were
>really an army of Ple clones, I think that they'd say so.

I don't think it really matters much in the ZZ animation itself - Puru
clones that were severly degraded would be the same as brainwashed Enhanced
Humans.

The animation also refers several times to the "Newtype Butai" (sic)

>So he wasn't really a pilot, just the squadron commander? That's a first
>-- an
>MS squadron leader who doesn't actual fly his own MS!

He wasn't a squadron leader the way Rakan or Puru Two was. I think he was
more of a tactical planner/tactician that got a high rank. He gets his own
MS (the orange Bawoo) but since the Queen Mantha is much stronger anyway he
decides to send that out. Or he didn't want to risk his neck in battle :-)

Jonathan Ng