Joseph Riggs (
Fri, 05 Jan 2001 10:02:58 -0800

Alessandro wrote:

> In a manga of Kazuhisa Kondo, its name is "MS Gundam - MS Senki (its
> japanese
> title, of course), the name of a Zeon's ship, a Musai class, is told. But,
> as I'm not sure how it has to be read, I wanted to ask you if anybody of you
> knows its name (in katakana is "Burumeru", so I had thought at something
> like Blumer or Brumel). What do you think about? In the following pages
> there is a reference to the Ma kube's ship as a "kidou junyou kan" (its name
> is a Madagascar) that could be translated approximately as "new model of
> mobile cruiser". I don't understand what the word "mobile" means. What kind
> of ship
> was it?

Mobile basically means it can move. In an English context, 'mobile cruiser'
would seem to imply that the ship in question is able to move rapidly (in the
long term), and also possibly that it has some degree of maneuverablity. Of
course, since we're talking about an English translation of a Japanese phrase,
that definition should be taken with a grain of salt.


Gundam Mailing List Archives are available at

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.0b3 on Sat Jan 06 2001 - 03:02:42 JST