Federico Makabenta (yenm@iconn.com.ph)
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 11:56:15 +0800

----- Original Message -----
From: Richie Ramos <gaijin@i-manila.com.ph>

> Is the archaic form mag-anak still used?

I haven't written a full essay in pure tagalog in a long time, I remember
using it in written mainly and not spoken.

from the usage i hear nowadays,
> it's now used as a contraction for kamag-anak. anyway, that's fiddling
> about. have there been other terms in gundam which have Filipino roots?

Dunno about Gundam, Dragonar has a ship called the Mindanao. You've already
mentioned FM3 (Dagat Ahas = "Sea Serpent", Lakan = "Stength"). Hell, Shirow
did chara designs for a game called Sampaguita - a local flower with a
strong scent.

Fed