Federico Makabenta (yenm@iconn.com.ph)
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 09:51:39 +0800

From: Mark Simmons <scorpio@best.com>

> "Maganac" is actually borrowed from Tagalog. It's based on the word
> "Magaanak," meaning "family."

Wow, didn't know this. ^_^

Being a native speaker of tagalog - the word "Magaanak" means nothing in the
language. I believe the word you're looking for is "Maganak" (without the
extra "a") which means family. It is an archaic term for most Filipinos, as
we have adapted the Spanish "Pamilya" as the more generally accepted term.
We use the derived word "Kamaganak", which means "of same kin", more
commonly than "Maganak" here.

Pretty much every Gundam Wing book points
> this out.
> -- Mark

Grr... This has pretty much inspired me to learn written Japanese soon so I
can do my own inquiries now... -_-;

Fed