-Z- (z@gundam.com)
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 12:19:04 -0800

> <Slight Gundam ZZ spoilers>

> >Insofar as I can ascertain, the pilots are never identified and the massed
> >MZ-000 Quin Mantha are referred to only as the Gremmi (or Glemy) Squadron.
> ^^^^^^^^^^
>
> I am pretty sure the Puru 2-piloted Quin Mantha was leading a pack of
> massed produced Qubeley Mk-II, not Quin Mantha suits. The generic NT
> pilots are the "NewType army" that's been mentioned in passing during
> the earlier part of ZZ (before he started his own faction of NeoZeon).

Yes, you're right -- I meant the AMX-004-2 Qubeley Mark-II for the massed MS,
with the NZ-000 Quin Mantha as the squadron leader. I didn't see the term
"Newtype army" in my one unboxed reference book (received after we moved down
here) but that certainly gibes with what's in that reference. If there were
really an army of Ple clones, I think that they'd say so.

> >The only people ever identified as Quin Mantha pilots are Gremmi Toto and
> >Ple-2.
>
> The Quin Mantha was given to Puru 2 by Gremmin and the only time Gremmin
> jumped into its cockpit he had a worn-out Puru 2 inside it to power the
> suit - apparently he couldn't pilot it on his own.

So he wasn't really a pilot, just the squadron commander? That's a first -- an
MS squadron leader who doesn't actual fly his own MS!

-Z-