Dom Tetreault (keiichido@hotmail.com)
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 15:03:42 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ray Pegoraro" <mond1969@mediaone.net>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2000 5:54 PM
Subject: [gundam] MS gundam games for the PC

> Also does anyone know of any emulators for the PC that allow you to play
the
> ones for the PS. PS2 Nintendo etc.

PS: Hands-down, VGS is the best emulator out there. It doesn't have the
fancy graphics options Bleem or the the freeware ones do, but its
compatibility is sky-high. I use this and Daemon Tools on my laptop so I
don't blow battery life on the CD spinning. =) www.connectix.com.

SNES: I use SNES9x, I don't know how good ZSNES is. All the Gundam games
I've seen for SNES are only so-so. Zeta seems to require an in-depth
knowledge of Japanese so I haven't really gone into it much. F91 was kind of
interesting, but was a bit repetitive. (You can only watch the same cutscene
of you missing your shot so many times. =P) SNES giant robot gaming is
redeemed with the excellent Super Robot Wars titles, though. www.snes9x.com.
You're on your own finding the ROMs though.

There is, of course, no PS2 emulator out there yet, and I haven't much
bothered with N64 emulation so I can't be of much help there. And there are
a few WIP Saturn emus (in case you were interested; I seem to recall some
Gundam games being released on that) but none can really play games yet.

Hope this helps yez some.

- dom