Loran Seakku (neogohan@nc.rr.com)
Thu, 28 Dec 00 22:29:53 -0500

>Ok I'm a convert. A once hardcore 1/100 scale kit or above builder has
>seen the light through the HGUC kits and am now spreading out to the
>1/144 level with more regularity. (God help me I'm gonna be so broke)
>So can anyone tell me which 1/144 kit lines are good which I should
>avoid etc. I know the 1/144 scale MS 08th team kits are excellent
>having just finished a Gouf Custom and starting on an Ez8 but how are
>the 0080 kits etc...

IMHO, the 0080 kits are some of the best, (Except for Kampfer, BLAST!!)
The GM Command and space type just plain rocks, Gelgoog JG, what I've
heard... is not too great (something about Hip problems? I don't own
it...), but I know that the Rick Dom II (my fav from this line) Z'Gok E,
Hygogg, Alex, and Zaku FZ are really good. I also think the CCA 1/144s
are really awesome if you want to devote alot of time to them. I've built
Jagd Doga, Nu Gundam, and just finished Geara Doga, and they are all
great. Geara Doga needs a TON of painting. But the CCA kits have
articulated hands, are much bigger than other 1/144 kits and are pretty
sturdy. The only thing is that they're not too posable, but they make
great show pieces. I think the worst 1/144s I've come across are Wing and
0083. The GP02 is possibly one of the worst 1/144 kits ever made, and the
Gerbera Tetra is a piece of crap IMO. Endless Waltz HGs are great. With
the exception of polycap hands... and that they have to do with Gundam
Wing... Also, Turn A 1/144s are AWESOME!! They are definitely my
favorite. Also... avoid G-Unit models. I've built 3 of the 5 and they
sucked. It's a shame too, they look so nice. Those are the 1/144s I've
experienced. Hope it's helpful