Gus Jae (gusjae@channel1.com)
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 19:11:51 -0500

I found this email from the gremlin anime model list, thought you might be
interested:

Wow, something I can actually contribute too!

I played around with some photo-etch material for an armor model several
years ago. The material I used relied on making a mask using a computer or
sketching it on a piece of paper and then copying it to a film. The film
would then be ironed onto the brass sheet, and transfer the toner to the
sheet. You then dunk the whole mess into ferric chloride (the liquid used to
etch PC boards) and allowed to stew.

My attempt worked ok. There was some distortion in the brass caused by the
mask "stretching" when I ironed it on. I'll put some picture to let you
guys
see how it turned out.

Tom

Joc Tejapaibul wrote:

> Hi guys and gals,
>
> The other a friend and I have been discussing how it would be cool to have
> a custom made photoetch. Strange how I never thought of it before. So I
> suppose I'd ask around here.
>
> Anyone knows how do I go about making my own photoetch part? And would it
> worth the cost?
>
> Thanks
> Jock
>
> ----
>
> For information about this mailing list, including unsubscribing, please
> refer to the web page:
> http://www.gremlins.com/garage/listed/index.jsp

Gus Jae
gusjae@channel1.com