Charlie Hetherington (p_chan5@hotmail.com)
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 17:02:36 -0600

I have reviewed the evidence brought to light by this council and have I now
pose a question for those of you that do not speak, read, or write Japanese.

How could you know about all of the Gundam universe without fansubs? Sure
you can visit great sites like the Mecha Domain and others, but that only
presents "facts" and author interpretations. You cannot know anything about
a series without seeing it for yourself. 0080, 0083, and the Gundam movies
have been released in America for a while now, but what about 08th MS? Could
you really expect to know the true emotion behind this OVA (or OAV) just by
reading about it? No. Perhaps you could _try_ to argue this, but I am afraid
your points will not hold up.

In conclusion, fansubs are a good thing for non-Japanese speakers,
regardless of their being legal. Fansubs are a tool and should be used as
such, not exploited like a cheap drug.

-Charlie
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ingnorance."
-Confucious