Nicholas Paufler (echofox@wingzero.net)
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 11:35:34 -0800

Because fan subs are illegal. Even though studios traditionally won't go
after fansubs (unless they're of shows they they've already licensed to the
US), it's still a legal grey area and not technically legal.
As such, out of courtesy to the host of the GML, we don't talk about fansubs
at all, lest we piss off Bandai/Sunrise. Just playing it safe. There are
lots of other places you can talk about 'em, but the decision was made long
ago that there will be no fansub discussions here. Also note, now that all
Gundam series have been licensed for the US, it is now clearly illegal and
blatantly immoral to continue distribution of Gundam fansubs. The people on
eBay selling fansubs are the scum of the Earth, profiting from both Bandai
and fansubbers hard work ... evidently they never read the "NOT FOR SALE OR
RENT" message on fansub tapes. Bastards.

---
Nicholas "Echo|Fox" Paufler
"Hail Eris. All hail Discordia!"

----- Original Message ----- From: "Charlie Hetherington" <p_chan5@hotmail.com> To: <gundam@aeug.org> Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2000 6:49 AM Subject: [gundam] Why Bad Form?