Alienyz (alienyz@gundam.com)
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 10:15:08 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Leslie_R" <trojan@atoka.net>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2000 9:06 AM
Subject: Re: [gundam] Why Bad Form?

> MoJoJoJoTheEvil@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > I know there realesing Chars Counterattack and f91 on dvd next year
>
> okay, so next year it'll be illegal to make/sell/distribute/publicly
> show fansubs of them (i think)

But fansubs aren't legal to start with. Fansubbing an anime show and
releasing it, even if not for profit, in another country violates the show's
copyright. Think about it, it is like taping Friends, subtitle it in
Japanese, and make it available to those that can't understand it in
English. I am sure no TV studio will stand for that.

Alienyz