-Z- (z@gundam.com)
Tue, 26 Dec 2000 10:54:16 -0800

> > Z Gundam must hold some kind of record for holding out on the audience. How
> > many American shows don't introduce the entity for which they're named until
> > nearly halfway through the run? And all that time, you get tantalizing
glimpses
> > of the transforming MS in the OP and ED credits!
>
> I thought L-Gaim Mk-II didn't make an appearance until episode 20 or
> later too in Heavy Metal L-Gaim, right?

Yes, but the show wasn't called L.Gaim Mk-II and there was an L.Gaim right there
in Episode 1. Granted, the Mk-II got its own OP song in the second season, but
it wasn't the entity for which the show was named.

My point was that the show was called Z Gundam, but the Zeta didn't show up
until just before the end of the first season. Instead, we got three Gundam
Mk-II and watched them get whittled down to one, which was the only Gundam in
the show for 12 episodes. Heck, the eye-catch between the first and second
halves of the show featured the MSN-00100 Hyaku-Shiki, not the Z, and even that
didn't turn up until Episode 9!

> > Gundam ZZ was also the first Gundam series to feature multiple Gundams
working
> > together. The Gundam Team consisted of the ZZ, the Z and the Mk-II fighting
as
> > an All-Gundam Squadron, albeit never in true unison, like the Black
Trinary's
> > Jet Stream Attack in the original series.
>
> I think most people would also include Type 100 in the "Gundam Team"...

An honarary member, at least -- until the Zeta gets its head squished, at which
point its eiher include the Type 100 as a full member or change the name to
"Gundam Pair"....

-Z-