Edmund Chiu (edf91@worldnet.att.net)
Tue, 26 Dec 2000 10:36:49 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "-Z-" <z@gundam.com>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 26, 2000 10:16 AM
Subject: [gundam] ZZ Q&A (Was: Humor: "Uncle cassa")

> The AEUG won the battles but lost the war -- both the EUG and AEUG were so
> weakened that Axis was able to move in and establish Neo Zeon. The ZZ was
> needed because Neo Zeon was fielding new and more powerful MS that negated
the
> Zeta's advantages.

    I thought ZZ is just the next product of the Project Zeta, at least
that's what I read from the ZZ manual with my non-existing Japanese reading
skills...

> Z Gundam must hold some kind of record for holding out on the audience.
How
> many American shows don't introduce the entity for which they're named
until
> nearly halfway through the run? And all that time, you get tantalizing
glimpses
> of the transforming MS in the OP and ED credits!

    I thought L-Gaim Mk-II didn't make an appearance until episode 20 or
later too in Heavy Metal L-Gaim, right?

> Gundam ZZ was also the first Gundam series to feature multiple Gundams
working
> together. The Gundam Team consisted of the ZZ, the Z and the Mk-II
fighting as
> an All-Gundam Squadron, albeit never in true unison, like the Black
Trinary's
> Jet Stream Attack in the original series.

    I think most people would also include Type 100 in the "Gundam Team"...