Leslie_R (trojan@atoka.net)
Mon, 25 Dec 2000 21:45:02 -0600

-Z- wrote:

> > I remember correctly that the prince decapitated a samurai with an arrow,
> > and disarmed (literally) another warrior with the same. If so, is it, Z,
> > really possible to do those things with fast enough arrows of normal size,
> > or were the arrows also effected by the demon (as well as the hands that
> > fired them)?
>
> The arrowheads were "cutters" -- V or U shaped arrowheads designed to cut
> through bamboo rods or the cordage binding them together to weaken armor and
> other defensive structures -- but they're too small to cut anything as thick as
> a human neck or arm without divine or demonic intervention ... or special
> effects "magic" such as that used in martial arts films.
>
> -Z-

actually judging from the raggedness of the cut i had assumed that the
force of the arrows literally ripped those body parts from their
victems, a side-effect of the augmented strength Ashitaka gained as his
curse-mark infected his body

-Les

--
"He's a God, it'll take more than one shot."
     -Lady Eboshi, 'Princess Mononoke'