lemontea@earthlink.net
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 11:07:27 -0800

Peter Carranza wrote:

> Went to Animate!'s grand opening in on Melrose in L.A. and was shocked and
> dismayed to discover that they do not sell toys at all, just manga, anime,
> posters etc. I'll stick w/ Mandarake, thanks!
>
> Pc

I second that! I was expecting more of a variety of small character
good like keychains and stuff, but the selection just wasn't that good.
 I must admit that their prices are quite acceptable - especially on
things like shitajiki (pencil boards); the prices are much closer to yen
price than places like Mandarake ($4-$5 as opposed to $8-$10+ each).

        Trevor in California