Echo|Fox (echofox@wingzero.net)
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 01:37:32 -0700

Ahh thank you Doctor, you've answered my question perfectly.
See my reply below.

---
Nicholas "Echo|Fox" Paufler
"Hail Eris. All hail Discordia!"

> Hmm I guess I did say "nice solid white", I've never really notice the
> tint until you mention it.  Last night when I look at it, I thought it's
> pretty white, but that was in the incandescent light.  This morning I took
> a pic with the HG Gundam Ground Type and HG Gundam and lo-and-behold, the
> beige practically jumps out at me.  Check
>
> http://side7.gundam.com/newtype_asylum/model/08pic/08gez808.jpg
>
> Or the review.  I've had this model for ages and I've never really noticed
> it, so I guess it's pretty light.  But it just goes to show you how human
> eyes and camera alike can be deceived.

That's exactly how mine looks. Whew =)
Evidently this is a better camera (or maybe the flash was overdone last
time?) and this is identical to how mine looks.
I must say, I do like the color of the Ez8 .. it fits it quite well. The
greyish white on the Gundam Ground, again, perfectly matches how I percieve
that MS to look, and I vastly prefer that shade to the brighter white on the
HG RX-78.
Regardless, its all pretty much moot now =)
My Ez8 is now completed, and painted in a a green camo paint scheme I'm
quite pleased with. Using Tamiya Deep Green for the base (i.e. white/tan
parts normally), Tamiya Khaki Drab for the formerly blue parts, and Tamya
Olive Drab for the originally grey parts. Over top of the green bits, I
attempted (and more or less succeeded) in brushpainting a pseudo-camo look,
using the above mentioned colors, along with Tamiya flat green as well.
Hell, I even painted the eyes on the head! Didn't come out as good as yours,
Core, but not bad for my first go.
Now all I gotta do is dirty it up a little more, and add that wear and tear
look...