Jonathan Ng (crossbonegundam@home.com)
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 20:05:43 -0500

At 08:55 PM 13/12/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Ragan from ZZ (Neo-Zeon veteran) made such mistake by refusing to allow
>his team
>of Douven Wolf's to use the standardized color. That's why GM Customs
>stationed
>on Albion use similar colors.

What "standardized colours"? In ZZ?

Rakan's colour scheme was different from the Jamru-Fin team, which was
different from the MPQ team, which was different from the Green Bawoos that
Rakan's team was using...

While Rakan may be an ace, I'm not sure his whole team was made up of aces.

And did he say anywhere in the show that he refused to use the standarized
colours? I don't remember such a scene...

> > If it's a custom MS with custom color, it's a dead give away..
>
>Neue Ziel took out fleets of units, solo. Another example would be Ciara
>Soun,
>in the awesome Geymalk, taking out every MP Qubeley from the Gremmi Toto camp.
>Why did she kill herself at the end!?

 From what her last words were she wanted Hamaan and Judo to duel in
relative comfort (now that is an oxymoron) but then again she is extremely
nutty....

It also seemed from her last moments that she wanted to go out in a "blaze
of glory".

> > I was thinking further than the vulcan range - I still don't know the
> > exact range of vulcan yet...
>
>We somehow lost each other on this point. I agree with you about
>exposure, but
>all along I was referring to a pilot's vision. For humans, there are
>plenty of
>effective blind spot, such as our backs and, in suspension, anything in the
>direction below and behind our feet. It is exactly this direction that humans
>would not be able to see while breaking away -- if we were capable of
>flight. I
>was, however, making the distinction that while MSes would also be
>exposing the
>same parts as a human, it will not be as much danger as a human being because
>the pilot inside the cockpit has full vision of that particular angle,
>thanks to
>the cameras fitted on an MS. What gives an MS the edge in vision over a human
>being is that MSes have cameras fitted all over, while humans have only
>two eyes
>facing the anterior. A human would have to have eyes covered all over to
>possess the vision an MS provides for its pilot. I hope all this babble makes
>enough sense.

(Since I have no idea where this discussion is going I should keep quiet
but...)

Since the pilot operates the MS wouldn't he/she have the same blind
spots? Except at the feet where you can still see with the cockpit...

Jonathan Ng