garrick lee (goner4sure@yahoo.com)
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 04:09:00 -0800 (PST)

> > >*makes unintelligible animal sounds*
> > Kicks Garrick - "Tarzen check bee".
>
> hey, don't do that to Garrick!
>
> <STOMPS Garrick>

hey, be kind to animals!

> > They were much better than the MG Mk-II's side
> skirt
> > plates, that's for sure.
>
> Dear God, yes I agree....I've already modified one
> of my MKII's to have no
> side skirts...

haven't built my mk2 yet. what's wrong with the mk2
sideskirts? is it as flimsy as the f91 kits?

> > >found the cogs in the zaku head a
> > >little too unwieldy (i.e. they don't work :P).
> > The gears tend to "fray", there's just no way to
> fix
> > that problem unless you can cast the same parts
> out
> > of hard metal. Haven't started on my MG Gouf kit,
> > dunno if they fixed that problem with a new design
> > like, say, the MG Dom's monoeye system.

damn one eyed mechs. :)

> The MG dom's system is basically the optical rod on
> a polycap ball joint
> (used for the neck in smaller kits). you have to
> position it by hand.

any chance for an mg dreissen? that is one big bloke.
 it just stands out with it's unabashed mean look.

> > >attaching the foot to lower leg was like...hell,
> it
> > >was like doing a mr. bean act -- driving a car
> while
> > >putting on your clothes and brushing your teeth.
> > >overall, pretty ok model. solid but kinda
> limited
> > >flexibility.
> > >-garr
>
> But it was good looking, neh? That's what UI liked
> about it, it was a
> decent version of a basically weird design.

well, the 0080 style machinegun is kewl (is that thing
80 mm or 90 mm, btw? i'm getting conflicting data).
i'm itching to get the other mg zaku II (black tri, i
think) with all the guns and bazooks. :)

> > Can't expect much from a kit designed over 5 years
> ago.
> > I am pretty sure Bandai will pull a version 1.5
> with
> > the MG Zaku II soon, using the MG Gouf's body as a
> > starting point. As if people in Japan haven't
> started
> > on that already, hehehe, the MG Gouf kit will soon
> > become a best seller once Zaku-heads start getting
> > "raw parts" for their projects.
> >
> > Eddie

if they make a moving waist, i'm willing to suffer
through more cables for more zakus. :]

> Actually, that's one of my reasons for wanting to
> acquire Two GOUFs.

richie, you're the only person i know who would be
willing to buy the mg zaku 1 just for the axe and
nothing else. :P

-garr

ps. eddie, do you know how monstrously huge the gml
archives are? telling one to go there is like
detention or something. :P