Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 11:56:43 -0800

>The Scorpio Mobile Suit from the Gundam Wing Manga, "Battlefield of the
>Pacifists", uses this as its primary defense. Can someone tell me what this
>thing does?

  It actually works more like a beam shield, forming a protective force
field across the surface of the shield (rather than in open space between
a bunch of planet defensor units). Thus, you get a layer of armor plus a
highly concentrated defensor field. As a result, it's pretty much
impenetrable.

-- Mark