Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 05:27:31 -0800

>>the

>>likely

>>right?

>>future
>>started
>> >
>> >Well, I don't know about you, but I still consider that 'starting
>> >somewhere.'
>>
>>Your original disagreement with my original statement implied that
>>"starting somewhere" includes being a MS pilot, no?
>>

>Not at all. to quote myself here: "They're not powerful (yet), they're still
>green, and no matter what they're training for, they're still gonna be at
>the bottom of the ladder, grunt ot not." This is what I call "starting
>somewhere," location, trade, and branch be damned.

Well, I was just saying Synapses, in all likelihood, had no MS piloting
combat experience prior to becoming a ship's captain. To elaborate on
this point further, consider the fact that when we saw him in 0083, he was
already a middle-aged ship captain, while MS hasn't been introduced as a
weapon of war prior to UC 0079, a mere 4 years ago.

Your immediate response to my statement

>>likely

was:

>>right?

which was clearly directed at my assertion that he wasn't a MS pilot and
most likely had no (MS) pilot training, since I made no assertions or
implications of any kind to the effect that Synapse never did "start out
somewhere", to use your own exact words.

<snip>

>> >Can you become a general/colonel/captain/admiral without the
>> >experience?
>>
>>You are broadening a specific kind of fighting experience to the general
>>tactical knowledge that'd be required for a high-ranked official. It's
>>like arguing that someone who doesn't know how to lay the telephone
>>wires is not qualified to run a phone company. That's why I fail to
>>see how PB and J would apply to the case here.
>>

>That's not what I'm doing at all. Basically, I'm trying to say that you
>can't have the whole without the parts (can't have the PB&J w/o the PB,
>can't have the high ranking position w/o the years of expirence).

That much I agree, but what I was talking about was restricted to MS
piloting, if you'd refer to the original messages quoted in whole at the
top.

>>Before you nitpick any further,
>
>ME nitpick??? Look at what you did to my little analogy!

What did I do? I just failed to see how your analogy has any bearing to
the point I was making.

>maybe you should answer a simple question
>>first: what is the role served by the mobile suits when their carrier
>>engages in battle, based on what was shown in all of U.C. series? The
>>answer should make the parallels between aircraft carriers and MS carriers
>>rather obvious.
>>
>>Eddie
>>

>To imply that I don't know the similarities between these two is
>extraordinarily rude of you, and I don't appreciate it one bit.

Calm down, don't get flustered. If you'd just answer the question then
I'd know if we are even on the same page.

>Now, when you hear 'Navy', what do you think of? I usually think of battle
>cruisers, aircraft carriers, hell, any *sea* going vessel. "Sea" being the
>key word here.
>
>When you hear 'Air Force', what do you think of? I usually think of anything
>flying in the great blue *sky*. "Sky" being the key word here.

The sky _within_ the atmosphere, you mean.

>Now it's time for you to answer a simple question: is it more reasonable to
>believe that the Navy has taken control of the great beyond, or the Air
>Force?
>
>-G

It is more reasonable to believe that the Navy has taken control of the
great beyond, at least within the context of U.C. Gundam, particularly
during 0083, the time when Synapse was seen in action.

Evidence offered: Gundam 0083.

Gato nuked the Fed's _NAVAL_ review, not _AIR FORCE_ review.

Case closed.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0