Ricky Lai (x-lai@uchicago.edu)
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 01:49:34 -0600

Bingo! Thanks, Leslie, for clearing things up.

Leslie_R wrote:

> > What about the beam saber? Bazooka? GP03D isn't restricted to just using
> > missiles, you know... As for the I-Field - if it's that obvious, then Kou
> > should know too - protect it at all cost!!! I don't know where you learn the
> > 2D/3D stuff, but GP03D is designed for combat in space - anytime you have
> > combat in space, you are pretty much have to work in 3D. What do you think
> > the linear seat is for? Look at pretty stars?
>
> i think he means that the weapons and maneuver cheme favors a 2
> dimensional stratagy, even allowing for adjusting the 'plane' to match
> your current target/targets.. there is no fixed up or donw in space,
> Neiu Zeil on the other hand is built more for maneouvering and attacking
> all over the place (i think, i haven't seen this battle yet but from the
> looks of things that's what i'm betting on)

Thanks again for confirming the information I supplied previously.

> yes, what do you think were in those transports that were landing after
> the hi-jacking of GP02a? also there is a reason why those GMs were
> called "GM Custom"

Somewhat along the lines of what I mentioned. Melee combat is effective, though
highly risky. With superior mobility, it is to Zeon units' advantage to swarm Fed
troops, as in the assault on the defense line at Solar System II, and rip up
everything thing Federation they see.