Leslie_R (trojan@atoka.net)
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 23:30:35 -0600

Edmund Chiu wrote:

> [...]

i think he means that the weapons and maneuver cheme favors a 2
dimensional stratagy, even allowing for adjusting the 'plane' to match
your current target/targets.. there is no fixed up or donw in space,
Neiu Zeil on the other hand is built more for maneouvering and attacking
all over the place (i think, i haven't seen this battle yet but from the
looks of things that's what i'm betting on)

> > They might not have piloted the same GM throughout their careers, but they
> have
> > spent enough time with their current units to have them custom-made.
>
> I don't think the ones Monsha or Alan use are custom - do you think they
> have enough time to move their custom build GM to Albion?

yes, what do you think were in those transports that were landing after
the hi-jacking of GP02a? also there is a reason why those GMs were
called "GM Custom"

> > Amuro and Char don't "lose their heads" when they encounter each other,
> nor does
> > Juudo when facing Hamaan in her deadly Qubeley. I must admit, however,
> that
> > there is something special about Camille, a sort of subtle but solid
> charisma
> > unique to NTs.
>
> I think he has what it takes to be a leader in NT revolution. Of course,
> he's never as good as Char, but I see he would play a major role in it...
>
> > Some dodging or demonstration of superior piloting skills would be nice.
> > Carnage definitely fails to do it for me.
>
> I see the effect is completely lost on you...
>
> > Yes I have, thank you very much. There are about four decent-to-ace
> pilots in
> > AEUG and just about one with Kalaba. God knows what happened to the folks
> from
> > Axis...
>
> Didn't you know? Most of them went to AEUG, since they are fighting for
> the rights for spacenoids. Most of the Axis crew are rookies, since most of
> the veterans are either dead or at AEUG...
>
> > Simply because the whole Zeon resistance is based on guerrilla warfare!
> That,
> > however, does not mean those attacks are not as deadly. I'd rather know
> where
> > my enemy is coming from than living under constant fear of being sniped.
>
> I just mean that with guerrilla warfare, it's more about "personal
> skills", not strategy type attacks. Don't you think that you wouldn't need
> to worrying about the enemy leading you into an ambush in a guerrilla
> warfare, do you?
>
> > Again, I have watched CCA, thank you. Don't forget that long-range
> weaponry has
> > improved dramtically since the dawn of mobile suits. Considering that
> most
> > units in0083 carry crappy long-range weapons, melee fighting seems a lot
> more
> > effective. As dangerous as it may be, Delaz fleet pilots are no chickens
> like
> > the Feds.
>
> I don't know where you have been - throughout the UC timeline, close
> range combat are avoided at all cost because by "spending time" getting
> close to the target will certain give the target time to shoot at you.
> Whether the weapon advance or not is not an issue here - it's how dumb
> getting close to the target, since it's much easier to spot a closer enemy
> and it's from afar...

just because you can see it dosn't mean you can hit it, or that the hits
will do much if you're using machine-guns and vulcans, but a beam-saber
will do them up a treat and you don't have to be dead-on to score a kill
with it either, just ready the arm level with the torso and *Slash*!

> > Then let me ask you this time, have you watched the fleet battle scenes
> from the
> > latter parts of Z, in which MSes simply fire at long-range randomly in
> OPEN
> > SPACE? Nevertheless, I am not about to defend Kou for not at least
> attempt to
> > blast GP-02A from a decent range.
>
> I guess you miss the big argument about coverfire - most of the time,
> those MS's role is to defend the warship, and anytime you have a
> ship-to-ship battle, you want as much coverfire as possible...
>
> > Most probably not according to the stats in an undisturbed dashing
> competition,
> > but who is prohibiting Gato from preventing GP-01FB to make a straight
> pursuit
> > by firing GP-02A's vulcans?
>
> I am not talking about that - I am talking about playing "chicken" with
> GP02A. Since it's obvious that GP02A cannot get away from GP01Fb, why don't
> Kou try to get in a better position and shoot Gato? Gato can try running,
> but it would just give the back to Kou for Kou to shoot him at...

-Les

--
"He's a God, it'll take more than one shot."
     -Lady Eboshi, 'Princess Mononoke'