Scott Alexander Frantz (hikrill@earthlink.net)
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 09:15:53 -0500

I agree with Eddie. I have all of Wagner's operas on CD. If you listen
closely almost all of John Williams's scores a lot have been taken from
Wagner's page. But on the other hand I would rather listen to Williams than
Horner. Horner even rips himself off-----Star Trek 2 / Aliens.

Only one great soundtrack composer here in America and that is Goldsmith.

Scott Alexander Frantz
hikrill@earthlink.net
corcyson@netzero.net
ikari@gloryroad.net
"SIEG ZEON"

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gundam@1u.aeug.org [mailto:owner-gundam@1u.aeug.org]On Behalf Of
Edward Ju
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2000 4:46 AM
To: gundam@aeug.org
Subject: Re: [gundam] F91 OST

><< I'm _terribly_ impressed.
> When I was watching F91 I sorta liked the music, it fit the mood of the
show
> quite well, but I'm listening to a few tracks from the OST in MP3 form
right
> now and they're great ... easily the best Gundam music I've heard to date.
> Feels a lot like Star Wars/John Williams at times (sometimes blatantly)
but
> it's a great listen. I've listened to a lot of anime OST's, but only a
> fraction of those are CD's I've enjoyed listening to outside of the anime
> ... notable ones would be anything by Yoko Kanno, the Nadesico OST's,
> Kenshin OST's, the Gasaraki OST, and, of course, Bubblegum Crisis. The is
> the first Gundam OST to rank up there, IMHO.
> Guess I'm going to have to hunt down this CD and buy it. >>
>
>F-91's music is terribly derivative and its practically note-for-note
>rip-offs of The Empire Strikes Back (probably the greatest action score of
>all time) are really annoying.

I hear this accusation all the time, but no one has been able to show
concrete proof such as CD time comparison or citing the actual passage
that were "blatantly ripped."

Just because John Williams and F91's composer ripped of the same guy
(Wagner) and Williams got famous for that style with Star Wars first
doesn't make him an original...

Eddie

rt=3
&since=-1&page=1&rows=0
Please note the URL exceeds 80 characters and ends with "rows=0" not
"sort=3"