Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 01:45:50 -0800

><< I'm _terribly_ impressed.
> When I was watching F91 I sorta liked the music, it fit the mood of the show
> quite well, but I'm listening to a few tracks from the OST in MP3 form right
> now and they're great ... easily the best Gundam music I've heard to date.
> Feels a lot like Star Wars/John Williams at times (sometimes blatantly) but
> it's a great listen. I've listened to a lot of anime OST's, but only a
> fraction of those are CD's I've enjoyed listening to outside of the anime
> ... notable ones would be anything by Yoko Kanno, the Nadesico OST's,
> Kenshin OST's, the Gasaraki OST, and, of course, Bubblegum Crisis. The is
> the first Gundam OST to rank up there, IMHO.
> Guess I'm going to have to hunt down this CD and buy it. >>
>
>F-91's music is terribly derivative and its practically note-for-note
>rip-offs of The Empire Strikes Back (probably the greatest action score of
>all time) are really annoying.

I hear this accusation all the time, but no one has been able to show
concrete proof such as CD time comparison or citing the actual passage
that were "blatantly ripped."

Just because John Williams and F91's composer ripped of the same guy
(Wagner) and Williams got famous for that style with Star Wars first
doesn't make him an original...

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0