Edmund Chiu (edf91@worldnet.att.net)
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 08:06:17 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brett Jensen" <heero@earthlink.net>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2000 7:38 PM
Subject: Re: [gundam] Gundam 0083

> Why? the damage was to the exterior. Unless the suit's warning systems
tell him
> something's busted how would he know?

    A veteran like himself should know if a damage is close enough to
anything "vital" that might cause an explosion. I am not saying that he
should know right away that the MS is going to explode, but he should at
least check it out or something - better yet, ask to ride with Kou just so
he wouldn't need to take a chance of it exploding...

> true,^_^ but Sayla, Four, Nina, etc... were a little more mature. I think
> gundam had the most "memorable" bath scene, at least for Usso. ^_^

    I thought there's a Katejina, not to mention that Lupe, that has a
"bathing" scene in V...

> > I thought Mark went over this one... However, if I were to take one
type
> > of "mistakes", I would rather take ones like those in 08 MS Team than
the
> > ones in 0083, since those in 08 MS team went against timeline, while
0083
> > went against logic sometimes...
>
> I don't think a mass produced ground pounder Gundam is at all logical.

    But that's timeline problem - when does the mass production Gundam first
appear? Right as the Gundam "prototypes" were made or after.

> > Can you honestly say you can shoot a woman who's injuried, even in
> > battle?
>
> If she's shooting at me? Hell yes!

    But she run out of ammo when Shiro had a clear shot at her...

> > It really depends on what kind of problem bother them more -
timeline
> > problem or "logic" problem...
>
> Give me some specifics here.

    Out of all the Gundam shows, Kou is the "least" worthy of the Gundam
pilot status. In the original Gundam, Amuro is the best one out of all
pilots onboard White Base. Camille pilot Mk-II because Char and company see
his potential in piloting, not to mention that it's the only "free" MS at
that time, not to mention that he probably know more about it than the rest
of the crew, since his father is the one who design it, not to mention that
he already stole some information on it. Judo is because he's the only
"good" pilot available. Seabrook is because of the bio-computer. Usso
because he's the best pilot out of them all. Other than Nina's "glowing"
recommendation, Kou has no real good reason to pilot it, given that other
pilots can probably perform better than him at it, especially at first. Can
you honestly say that if you are Burning, you would give him the Gundam to
pilot? I know I would give it more time...

> Yes I would have to agree. 0083 is very shallow compared to the Tomino
series',
> but that doesn't make it bad just different.

    I didn't say it's bad - it's just more "action oriented" than the other
UC Gundam shows, that's all...