Edmund Chiu (edf91@worldnet.att.net)
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 07:29:11 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brett Jensen" <heero@earthlink.net>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2000 7:00 PM
Subject: Re: [gundam] Gundam 0083

> Oh I suppose people don't die in really stupid ways thru no fault of
> their own during war time?

    But you have to agree that it's cheesy, since with Burning's experience,
he should know when his MS is going to exploded...

> Oh yes between the shocking realism of Zaku VS ball combat, and the well
> written jail-bait nude scene, 08th MS has all the bases covered. A true
> classic.^_^

    A "shower" or "bathing" scene is a must in all Gundam shows - can you
name one Gundam show that doesn't show a female taking a shower or bathing
sometime during the series?

> I can't help raving about the great continuuity keeping of the timing of
> Giren's speech and the fact that there are GMs and MASS PRODUCED Gundams
> running around so early in the war. No plot holes here! ^o^

    I thought Mark went over this one... However, if I were to take one type
of "mistakes", I would rather take ones like those in 08 MS Team than the
ones in 0083, since those in 08 MS team went against timeline, while 0083
went against logic sometimes...

> And of course there's the realism of Shiro risking his ass to give aid
> and comfort to the enemy. and this is just the first few episodes.
> STUPENDOUS! (barf)

    Can you honestly say you can shoot a woman who's injuried, even in
battle? Afterall, with her voice, I know it's really hard to hurt her
(Aina's voiced by the most famous "Goddess" voice actress, who is known for
her innocent yet "goddessly" voice)...

> Again see: futility and horror of War. Look under Chein Agi.

    So does Katsu's death...

> Take your own advice! I actually like F-91 and 08th MS team. (and all
> Gundam actually) I just think people unfairly overlook their problems,
> while jumping all over 0083.

    It really depends on what kind of problem bother them more - timeline
problem or "logic" problem...

> > what? is it supposed to be a mark of maturing as a
> > fan? geez.
>
> Is bashing 0083 the sign of a mature Gundam fan? no offense. ^_-

    But you have to agree that you would look twice at someone who like 0083
because of it "deep" story ^_^