Leslie_R (trojan@atoka.net)
Sat, 09 Dec 2000 15:41:05 -0600

Echo|Fox wrote:

> I'd almost certainly give this one to Zeon. MS's are significantly more
> mobile and technically advanced, IMHO. BattleTech's designs are certainly
> more realistic, and closer to what I'd expect from bipedal war machines, but
> they wouldn't stand a chance against Zeon's technology.
> Dom's would fly circles around any heavy mechs who'd have a hell of a time
> targetting fast moving mecha, and Zeon has another ace up their sleeves ...
> beam sabres! Zoom in, chop off a leg, rinse, repeat =)
> No contest.

keep in mind that i said "The Clans" not "A clan" sheer weight of
numbers could be an important factor, and thier warships with the orbit
to ground bombardment capaility (hey, just One of these ships totally
wiped out a city, the Zeons need to empty and drop a colony to do that)
and the K-F hyperdrive wiht L-F battries would make crossing form one
Side to another a snap... but then agin the Clans do have such a rigid
combat system.. no battlemechs in space combat, i'd imagine the second
big shock after finding radio and radar suddenly useless is when they
see, "They're deplyong 'mechs at us? in Outer Space?"

-Les