Chris Maier (oom9@crosswinds.net)
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 14:52:34 -0500

There have been-and still are-American takes on anime characters in comics.
Pioneer had a short lived Tenchi Muyo American-made series, and then of
course we have Dirty Pair and Bubblegum Crisis stuff done by Adam Warren(I'm
not a big fan of Warren though-the lips, the lips!)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gundam@1u.aeug.org [mailto:owner-gundam@1u.aeug.org]On
Behalf Of Andrew Dynon
Sent: Saturday, December 09, 2000 4:42 AM
To: gundam@aeug.org
Subject: [gundam] A thought... Original US Gundam comics/novels?

Just wondering whether anyone would be interested in seeing original US
Gundam comics or novels. I think it would be fascinating to see American
creators' take on Gundam, and comics or novels would be considerably easier
and less expensive to produce than animation or live-action. Who would
people like to see working on Gundam?

I'd personally like to see Ted Nomura (Tigers of Terra, World War 2 1946)
do a Gundam comic. J. Michael Straczynisci is another possibility.
Andrew Dynon

There are certain sincere practitioners who, out of ignorance
and lack of contact, believe only in their own religion and
consider other religions wrong. In some cases it is the result
of teaching, but usually it is due to lack of contact, lack of
awareness and real understanding of the deeper value of the other
tradition. Once you realise that there are wonderful people
among Christians and Muslims, you automatically develop an
appreciation for their tradition.
        - The Dalai Lama, _The Transformed Mind_