Sat, 09 Dec 2000 00:07:42 -0500

Brett Jensen wrote:

> > suit denied. PlayMates/HG countersue, and win. FASA promptly discontinues any acknowledgement of the
> > original Macross designs in Battletech.
>
> I've read that FASA dropped the mecha because of constant fan bitching about them "ripping off anime".

Nope, it was in direct relationship to the lawsuits. For the FASA statement, see
here:http://www.calgarymktgmgmt.com/~flynnmj/other/mia/mia2.html

> Otherwise why drop the Dougram designs as well as the Macross ones.

Probably to avoid _any_ further problems. Way back before Robotech was on TV, Revell sold Dougram models as
part of the 'Robotech Defenders' line (also the origin of the DC comics by the same name). See here for more
info:
http://www.marcsmodels.com/Revell-robotech.html

Not sure what the current status of those rights are today to be honest though. Not sure anybody really
cares anyway...

    Neil Baumgardner