Brett Jensen (heero@earthlink.net)
Fri, 08 Dec 2000 11:00:34 -0600

Neil Baumgardner wrote:

> Did Big West exist in 1983, or whatever year it was HG acquired the rights? I could be wrong, but I
> dont think so.

Hmmm.... you might have something there, I'll have to do some research. I was ready to say yes but upon
inspecting some Macross goods from that time I didn't see a Big West logo anywhere. So I can't be sure .

> suit denied. PlayMates/HG countersue, and win. FASA promptly discontinues any acknowledgement of the
> original Macross designs in Battletech.

I've read that FASA dropped the mecha because of constant fan bitching about them "ripping off anime".
Otherwise why drop the Dougram designs as well as the Macross ones.

---Brett Jensen