Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 17:52:45 -0800

>Heh...the EW 1/100 kits sell for $27.99 as opposed to the Yen retail price of
>Y2000.

Which means you get a steal on kits like the Tallgeese III, which listed
for 2,500 yen. HLJ shipping via UPS adds at least 40% of the kits cost
to your total anyways, and their kits aren't even shrinkwrapped in mint box.

>Compared to the Kaiyodo EVA figures which retailed in Japan for Y2980
>and sold here for $15~20.

Diamond struck a deal to get the Eva figures at quantity discount. Since
Bandai gave TRU exclusive rights to distribute Wing and EW kits in the US,
you know they are trying to preserve some kind of monopoly in order to
keep the profit margin high.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0