Zhou Tai An (kain@pacific.net.sg)
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 23:52:11 +0800 (SGT)

>> 1) Ikari Shinji in Jinzoningen Evangelion Unit 00 vs. Char Aznable in the
Sazabi

>Assuming you ban the AT field, in order to make the fight even remotely
fair, Char would
>win due to superior piloting, weapons, mobility, and the fact that he's not
a whiny loser
>scum-puppy.

Superior piloting alone. I'll ignore the slight to Shinji's character in the
interest of not going OT (and having to write another essay) but really,
what is the point of this fight? If you have AT Field, Shinji wins. No AT
field, Char wins.

>> 2) Johnny Ridden in a Gelgoog Marine vs. Shin Matsunaga in a Rick Dom II
>> (hmm...an ace fight...)
>
>Ridden. For one thing, my experience with girens Greed would indicate that
Ridden is a
>better pilot. For another, I think the Gelgoog marine is a very nice suit,
especially if
>he get's Cima's beam machinegun. Of course a white Rick Dom II would look
awesome. ^_^

My bet's on Raiden as well, (Raiden, not Ridden, if not you lose the pun on
his moniker) but Matsunaga has more experience and is also a good pilot.

>> 3) Ranba Ral in a Gouf Custom vs. Norris Packard in a Zaku FZ
>
>Hmmmm.... too close to call. I'd probably say the Gouf would win just
because of that
>monster Gattling gun. The FZ is a nimble machine though, but it only has
the 90mm MG.

Ramba Ral. Check the stats - he's a better pilot.

>> 4) Soryu Asuka Langley in the Tallgeese III vs. Amuro Rei in the Nu Gundam
>
>Duh. While Asuka sits in the cockpit, Thinking in German, wondering why
she's not
>synchronizing with the Tallgeese III, Amuro will peg her with one shot from
the beam
>rifle. (Why even bother with funnels)

Agreed.

>> 5) Kou Uraki in the GP03 vs. Shiro Amada in the Gundam Alex
>
>Bye bye, Shiro.

Depends. He's agile enough to evade most of the GP03's shots, but in the end
the sheer firepower SHOULD overwhelm him.

>> 6) Amuro Rei in the Nu Gundam vs. Camille Vidan in the Zeta Gundam
>
>Hmmmm... I think amuro could win because of his experience, and because of
the Funnels.
>But Camille+Zeta is very formidable, It's probably too close to call.

Funnels will carry the day, I think.

Zhou Tai An (kain@pacific.net.sg)