Franz Co (ms_slasher@mail.com)
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 08:38:56 -0500 (EST)

------Original Message------
From: Edward Ju <gundam@loop.com>
To: gundam@aeug.org
Sent: December 8, 2000 9:18:46 AM GMT
Subject: Re: [gundam] Bootleg Airmaster Burst 1/60 toy

>>cool, as long as you can easily distinguish bootleg from the >real thing,
its
>>fine with me. I don't want to mistakingly buy a bootleg >especially at
the
>>price of the real thing.

What other things can be used to distinguish bootleg kits from original
Bandai kits?

>Well, that was just that one design from that one company. I >don't know
>if there are other companies making identical copies of other >MG kits.

>There are a lot of MG kits of the same designs being dumped on >eBay,
>it kind of concerns me... does that mean these are MG >bootlegs? Or that
>some Bandai-sanctioned MG kits are being cranked out in China >now as well?

>>is the quality of the bootlegs good? or they are as bad as >>those Bendi
>>kits?

Is it true that Bendi kits wont take well to painting with certain paints?
Someone (a friend) told me that the get brittle and even melt.

>I wasn't about to waste my hard-earned money to find out. :) >Maybe I
will
>when I buy some as gifts for the snob friends, but then again >they look
>down on MG kits to start with, hehehehehe.

Huh? Why?

>Eddie

>New items added at least once a week! Check out my eBay >auctions at:
&since=-1&page=1&rows=0
>Please note the URL exceeds 80 characters and ends >with "rows=0" not
"sort=3"

Shop through Barnes and Nobles
help me earn cash too.