Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 00:58:42 -0800

>> In case you didn't notice, this has already happened - the reissued 1/100
>> HG Endless Waltz kits were made in China (even though the box still says
>> "Made in Japan") and the best way to tell the difference is to put it
>> next to a Japanese original that was issued a few years ago. The plastic
>> in the Chinese version is more brittle and the white paler, not to
>mention
>> the pilot figure's color was visibly different as well.
>
>really? dang! and I was planning to get the 1/100 W0C (no money for the
>PG, too bad for me)

We went over this thread a few months ago. Ask Richie Ramos, he should
remember. These kits were supposedly made by Bandai Hong Kong, who
"outsourced" HG kits to production facilities in China.

>are these for kits released in North America only or for all the re-issue of
>EW kits?

I am not sure about the details, but it seems like all the "Japan imported"
EW 1/100 kits currently in the U.S. market are made in China. I am not
sure if the ones in U.S. box are made in China or Japan, since I haven't
bought one yet (don't plan to since I already have several of each from
the original production run).

>> A true challenge to model masters, eh?
>
>true, I know someone from my local mecha mailing list in the Philippines who
>did a Bendi Hydra Gundam (from G-Unit). he did a pretty good job. but it's
>like doing a lot of modifications just to get a kit right, to get it the way
>its supposed to be.

A perfect gift for your friends who diss people that build MG/PG kits as
having "no skills". :)

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0