Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 23:25:48 -0800

>On Thu, 7 Dec 2000 21:42:08 -0800, gundam@aeug.org wrote:
>
>> Yeah, it's a Chinese bootleg company that rips Bandai model kits. They
>> got huge enough to a point where Bandai legitimized them by taking over
>> their facilities (it's not like they could have sued them for money in
>> China, anyway) to make Bandai kits for a lower cost (though quality
>> suffers, too).
>>
>> Eddie
>
>really? no way! I don't think Bandai will let its quality suffer. this
>will just turn off their customers.

In case you didn't notice, this has already happened - the reissued 1/100
HG Endless Waltz kits were made in China (even though the box still says
"Made in Japan") and the best way to tell the difference is to put it
next to a Japanese original that was issued a few years ago. The plastic
in the Chinese version is more brittle and the white paler, not to mention
the pilot figure's color was visibly different as well.

>I know Bendi is a bootleg kit, quality is awful. parts don't fit, quality
>of plastic is poor, everything is so bad, you're better of scratchbuilding
>everything

A true challenge to model masters, eh?

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0