Hobbitmastr@aol.com
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 21:54:21 EST

> From what I recall in 0083, running mobile suits just kind of lope
> along. For what it's worth, the detailed timelines and distance figures
> provided for 0083's battles in Australia and East Africa indicate a
> sustained jogging speed of roughly 50 km/hour - i.e. when Burning and Kou
> are pursuing Gato across the Australian outback. This seems to be the
> maximum practical speed for mobile suits jogging long distances,
> regardless of the sprinting/jumping speed. Given that Doms and Xamels can
> cruise at over 200 km/hour thanks to their hover systems, you can see why
> they have such a huge advantage.

As I recall though, as Gato and his men were heading for the recovery ship,
Gato managed to keep up with the Zeon MS when they were using their hover
systems. Considering they were in kind of a hurry to get away from Burning
and the gang, wouldn't the Zeon MS being moving close to top speed? Would
this be considered a close encounter of an MS running at it's top speed?