Echo|Fox (echofox@wingzero.net)
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 09:26:37 -0700

> Max and Milia Jenius (Macross) in Vayate and Mercurius (hey'they're the
> right color schemes :D ) versus the Black Trinary in VF-17s

If it was any other Valkyrie I'd say no context and Max and Miriya win,
_but_ the VF-17 does have a "laser rifle" or somesuch, so one could make the
argument that it's comparable to a beam rifle. Still, even with superior
maneuverability I'd have to give it to M&M ... the planet defensors should
keep them relatively protected and that big beam rifle would take out a
VF-17 in a single hit.

> everyone's apparent favorite Anavel Gato in Nieu Ziel versus half a
> dozen pissed-off PMSing Meltrandi in fully-loaded Queadlunn-Rau Power
> Armors

Hmmm. The Queadlunn-Rau's have missile's, right? And I-Field's don't stop
those, IIRC, so I'd have to hand the victory to the Meltrandi. They all fire
off their missiles in traditional Macross missile swarm form (Still one of
the coolest things Macross ever did for anime) and its bye bye Gato.

> Guy (Nadesico) in GP03 MA/MS combo Vs. the Delaz fleet

Mwuahahhaa!
I'd pay money to see this ... lots of money. Gai would be like a kid in a
candy store ... the image is just too good to resist. Gai wins in a blowout,
with the final blow being dealt with a Gekigan-Punch from the manipulator
arms on the Orchis. Good always triumphs :P

> Akito (Nadesico) in ground combat frame Aestivalis Vs. Kou Uraki in GP01
> ground combat Gundam.. in space

Another truly hilarious image. Kou is better off technically since the GP01
at least has some verniers so its not completely hung out to dry ... AFAIK,
though, the Aestivalis groundtype only has the equivilent of jumpjets.
Still, Akito is certainly the less annoying character so he gets bonus
points ... hmm. Final verdict: They both cripple their mecha in combat
without delivering a decisive blow and need to be rescued.

> Shinji (Evangalion) in Gundam Double Zeta Vs. Kou in GP01fb
Wow!
The only character more annoying than Kou! Plus he's an incompetent pilot,
and a wussy boy to boot. Put Shinji in the GP03 Orchis and Kou in a OYW era
GM and I'd still give Kou the victory. Shinji would just sit in his cockpit
babbling about his mother and how he hates his dad while Kou, in an effort
to impress Nina, takes 'em down ....... of course his GM (or GP01fb) is
entirely destroyed in the process.

---
Nicholas "Echo|Fox" Paufler
"Hail Eris. All hail Discordia!"