Wed, 06 Dec 2000 15:28:44 -0800

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000 07:59:42
 Echo|Fox wrote:

>... What if Kou had succeeded in stopping Gato in time and the Solar System
>was able to blow up the colony?

The delaz Fleet will probably still fight to the death (others will run back to Axis). Cima gets what she wants and the Titans will still spring up, so basically nothing changes.
>... What If Amuro Rei died when Zeon raided Side 7 trying to destroy the
>Gundam prototypes?

The Feds might have given the Gundam to another, but if Amuro had died, then maybe all of them will have died too, since it was Amuro who kicked the two rampaging Zaku's butts. No Amuro, Zaku continues rampage, Gundam is destroyed or captured...bad...bad

>... What If Christine in the NT-1 Alex managed to stop Bernie in the Kampfer
>without sustaining any serious damage, thus allowing the Alex to be sent to
>Amuro after all?

Amuro gets a better Gundam, and it probably still ends the same way (Amuro just doesn't have a worse time than he did.

>... What If the After Colony timeline was constrained by UC physics? How
>much of the story would need to have been changed? Would it still be
>recognizable as Wing?

No. Most of that "macho, take on an army alone stuff cant work. Heero doesn't even know how to dodge. If it were UC physics, two or three rockets or a barrage from rifles that he usually takes in strides would kill him.

>... What if the Turn A Gundam, rather than being the unique Syd Mead design
>it is, was instead another tired, boring, derivative Ookawara MS that had
>that "we've seen this before" atmosphere to it? Would the show have been
>more or less popular?

Haven't seen the show, but seent he MS. No bearing...Gundam is Gundam and with Tomino on board, it probably would still sell...

>... What if Minovsky particles did not have the property of obstructing
>radar? Would MS development have started, and if it did, would it have
>evolved to the same end?

Probably not.

>... What if Amuro failed to stop the asteroid fragment from hitting the
>Earth in CCA, and Char's Ice Age did come about?

Char wins, and the rest of humanity will have no choice but to live in space. Hmm... it might probably have been for the best now that most of the elitist politician have lost ground, but corruption will always be there and so Char's Utopia might still be long, long away...

>Whew. That should be enough to stir up some real conversation :P

Yeah, we really need these kinds of topics

---
Abet
"Dete Unakereba, Yararenakatta no ni!"

Great Gift Idea! FREE cell phone, internet ready at Lycos Marketplace http://www.inphonic.lycos.com/redirect.asp?referringpage=www.lycosd1