Chris Maier (oom9@crosswinds.net)
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 13:14:31 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gundam@1u.aeug.org [mailto:owner-gundam@1u.aeug.org]On
Behalf Of Echo|Fox
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2000 10:00 AM
To: gundam@aeug.org
Subject: [gundam] What if...

Well there was a request for a little more ideological and technical talk,
so how about a few What If scenarios... Feel free to speculate as far into
the future as you want on each one.

... What if Zeon won the OYW? What events could have turned the tide? What
would have happened if the Feddie military was wiped out by Zeon forces?

-I supposed that if they did, if Giren had survived he would have created a
mass dictatorship and go forth with his sinister plan. I also suppose Zeon
would continue to integrate Federation MS technology into their mobile
suits.

... What if Kou had succeeded in stopping Gato in time and the Solar System
was able to blow up the colony?
        I don't think the Solar System was powerful enough to take down the
colony-it does get one shot, and it does very little damage.

... What If Amuro Rei died when Zeon raided Side 7 trying to destroy the
Gundam prototypes?

  The Zakus probably would have blown up the Gundam, since it would be lying
down, after all. Most of the combat data that would be integrated into the
GMs would be lost, and the Federation might not have been so concerned with
Newtypes.

... What If Christine in the NT-1 Alex managed to stop Bernie in the Kampfer
without sustaining any serious damage, thus allowing the Alex to be sent to
Amuro after all?

     You mean the Zaku FZ, I take it. Well, I think by that time, it was
already too late and the WB had left for Solomon and A Ba Wa Qu.

... What If the After Colony timeline was constrained by UC physics? How
much of the story would need to have been changed? Would it still be
recognizable as Wing?

 Well, technically beam scythes can exist in UC(Abrigor) so Deathscythe
probably wouldn't be effected. As for the Gundams, even with all their
weaponary it'll probably be difficult for them to destroy so many MS.

... What if the Turn A Gundam, rather than being the unique Syd Mead design
it is, was instead another tired, boring, derivative Ookawara MS that had
that "we've seen this before" atmosphere to it? Would the show have been
more or less popular?

  Well, not all his MS are bad..I think the Xs look alright, as do the
Gundam Ground types. Honestly I'm not too sure....

... What if Minovsky particles did not have the property of obstructing
radar? Would MS development have started, and if it did, would it have
evolved to the same end?

     There probably would have been starfighters instead.

... What if Amuro failed to stop the asteroid fragment from hitting the
Earth in CCA, and Char's Ice Age did come about?

              Hmmm..don't know.

Whew. That should be enough to stir up some real conversation :P

---
Nicholas "Echo|Fox" Paufler
"Hail Eris. All hail Discordia!"