Brett Jensen (heero@earthlink.net)
Tue, 05 Dec 2000 20:57:44 -0600

"Jose Luis S Manalansan,IV" wrote:

> I've been pondering this but is the reason why they made the original macross crew (Misa, Hikaru, et al) disappeard was because of the death of Hikaru's seiyuu???
>
> Anybody with info on this?

I'm not sure whether that Timeline was made before, or after Arihiro Hase's untimely death. I believe he was still alive when Mac7 was being produced.

Anyway for many years Kawamori has been swearing up and down that he didn't want to make a direct sequel to Macross, and I for one am very glad. That story is over,
all that a sequel could do is tarnish the original, and now that Hase is dead its unthinkable.

---Brett Jensen