Franz Co (ms_slasher@mail.com)
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 09:13:09 -0500 (EST)

------Original Message------
From: Joaquin Torres <lordvader@cfl.rr.com>
To: gundam@aeug.org
Sent: December 4, 2000 6:37:55 AM GMT
Subject: Re: [gundam] size does matter

Nathan Le wrote:

>> -how tough are gundarium armors? how can Gundams and
>> other MS survive crazy falls from 50 m in the air
>> unscratched? should they not be dented?

It's a cartoon!

Why the negative reaction, it would be fun to have a good technical
discussion on this and others like it (again). This ML has been getting
boring lately without much substantial (either technical or ideological)
threads.

> -how does reactor output figure into the beam weapon
> capability?if the beam requirement is linked to
> generator output, does the required power go through
> the small hands that the MS has? would it not be
> better to integrate the beam weapons into the suit's
> frame?

It's a cartoon!

> -The Zaku was a monocoque system right? is that
> comparable to an exoskeleton? Why then did bandai make
> the PG Zaku have an internal frame? same for PG
> Gundam? I understand that it is semicoque, but it is
> also movable frame

Probably wouldn't be as fun to build. Also, probably easier for them to
engineer an endoskeleton than an exoskeleton.

Joaquin Torres

Shop through Barnes and Nobles
help me earn cash too.