Franz Co (ms_slasher@mail.com)
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 09:07:07 -0500 (EST)

------Original Message------
From: Nathan Le <raptor_03@yahoo.com>
To: gundam@aeug.org
Sent: December 4, 2000 6:24:23 AM GMT
Subject: [gundam] size does matter

>-how tough are gundarium armors? how can Gundams and
>other MS survive crazy falls from 50 m in the air
>unscratched? should they not be dented?
Luna titanium is pretty tough, besides, the force of the impact is probably
taken up by the action of the knees, add in a few shock absorbers and we'res
et. Also, pilots usually fire their boosters to slow their fall.

>-how does reactor output figure into the beam weapon
>capability?if the beam requirement is linked to
>generator output, does the required power go through
>the small hands that the MS has? would it not be
>better to integrate the beam weapons into the suit's
>frame?

Most Beam weapon using MS have around 1,800KW except for the early GMs which
have around a hundred less KW so they can only use Spray Beam Guns.

>-The Zaku was a monocoque system right? is that
>comparable to an exoskeleton? Why then did bandai make
>the PG Zaku have an internal frame? same for PG
>Gundam? I understand that it is semicoque, but it is
>also movable frame

Shop through Barnes and Nobles
help me earn cash too.