Roland Thigpen (jenius@unspacy.org)
5 Dec 2000 23:51:12 -0000

On Tue, 05 Dec 2000 15:40:14 -0800 "Juan Alberto B. Mercado" wrote: >I think that goes for Mospaeda as well (the Invid Invasion story). From what I remember, Robotech is the product of three different animation series, butchered and then placed together again to form some kind of plot. Macross is really unrelated to Southern Cross (this should be obvious because I don't think Max is capable of siring a blonde) and Mospaeda. Anyway, in the old days, many probably thought Robotech rocked, but when more anime came along, with the realization that they've been ripped off, well... >--- >Abet >"Dete Unakereba, Yararenakatta no ni!" > > You are correct about it being a compilation of 3 different series, but I don't agree about it not still being popular. Robotech has a fairly good plotline in its own right, maybe not as good as the originals in each, but overall, it's a good plot for what was originally three very different series. And if it wasn't still popular, who wouldn't have so many fan sites, or mailing lists for it. Oh, and as for the genetic possibilities of Max siring a blond, well, it depends. I'm taking his blue hair to be genetically like black or brown hair, in which case, if I remember my old high school genetics correctly, indicates he MIGHT possibly be able to. It would depend on two things...he had received a single gene for blond hair from one of his parents, and if Myria also had a single gene for this in her genetic makeup (I'm also treating her green hair as black hair genetically). If these two factors are the case, then both would have to contribute the gene for blond hair to the fetus. Blond hair is a recessive trait, so to get it, both parents must contribute this gene. Any other combination would result in a brunnette child. The real clincher is the fact that in the Macross portion of the story, you see their child with green hair (if I recall correctly), and it isn't likely for it to become blond later...at least not naturally. She might die it though...that would explain her love of showers (my mother died her hair for a while and always had to shower to apply the die correctly). Roland ________________________________________________________________ Get Email, News, Links and The Best Selection at http://AnimeNation.com - Gundam Mailing List Archives are available at http://gundam.aeug.org/