Roland Thigpen (jenius@unspacy.org)
5 Dec 2000 17:28:52 -0000

On Tue, 05 Dec 2000 09:13:22 -0800 KurenaiJiku wrote: >Actually there is in fact the SDF-2. I have an Entertainment Bible which displays the SDF-1 and SDF-2 with the DYRL version of the SDF-1. Surprisingly, the SDF-2 looks a lot like the DYRL SDF-1 version at first sight...but when you compare them side by side, uh no... :) Totally different. In the ending of the series, they probably did mention the SDF-2, but then didn't actually build enough of it for you to see. I do have the design for anybody who wants to see...I'm just too in a rush to scan it in. Maybe later. >Kuren Um, no....what you have is a concept sketch...the SDF-2 Megaroad-01 looks NOTHING like the original SDF-1 from any direction, and is only seen in Macross Flashback 2012. The SDF-2 was finished as a colony ship with a city up front, with "glass" covering its "skies". The city can hold up to 80,000 people comfortably (unlike the Macross City set up in the SDF-1, which was cramped). The SDF-2 also has no reflex cannon. The only point of real comparison is the added Armor ships on its sides (the original SDF-1 in the tv series was supposed to have them, but the pair that was to dock were destroyed, and the Daedalus and Prometheus were added instead. In DYRL? the armors were attached before it folded out to Pluto) for additional fighter support. Go to the link I mentioned before for pics of the SDF-2 Megaroad-01 from Flashback 2012, and sketches from a book on it (which I happen to own). Roland ________________________________________________________________ Get Email, News, Links and The Best Selection at http://AnimeNation.com - Gundam Mailing List Archives are available at http://gundam.aeug.org/