Alessandro (changegetta@inwind.it)
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 13:19:50 +0100

In USA is there a manga whose title is "Macross 7 Trash"? Its author is
Haruiko Mikimoto, the design is really beautiful and the story is
interesting. You have named Max Jenius, haven'yt you? Well he is back in
this manga with his sons and his Zentradi wife.
Alessandro
----- Original Message -----
From: Jose Luis S Manalansan,IV <joemann4@edsamail.com.ph>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2000 4:59 PM
Subject: Re: Re: [gundam] Is Bandai screwing with First gundam??

> gundam@aeug.org wrote:
>

> >Like what? I have seen Robotech, but I have never been able to see the
uncut original Macross. What are some of the diferences? I mena besides
the whole Protoculture/Robotech Masters crap. Are there any websites that
highlight the differences?

> Name Changes: (jap format wherein last names are first.)
>

> Ichijo Hikaru - Rick Hunter
> Hayase Misa - Lisa Hayes
> Fokker, Roy - Roy Fokker
> Jenius Max - Max Stering
> Kakizake Hayao - Ben
> La Salle, Claudia - Claudia
> Gloval, Bruno J. -
> Linn Minmei - Lynn Minmay
> Linn Kaifun - Lynn Kyle
> Shammy - Sammy
> Kamujin - (forgot is name The Backstabber)
> Bodolza - Dolza
>

> The songs were better in Macross and well-suited to the show.
>
> Eg: Beautiful Place in my Heart was played when the whole Macross was
leaving Earth after the barrier-overload system. Linn Minmei sang her song
based on her movie Xiao Pai Long during its first premier. & The songs
during final assault was composed of 3 songs IIRC being played according to
the mood of the battle ( IIRC they started with Xiao PAi Long and ended with
Beautiful Place{the scene with Misa and Hikaru on a parked gerwalk valkyrie
on earth}). In the movie the 3+ songs were probably replaced with ai
oboeteimasuka/ Love Do You Remember?.

> The Ending trailer gives a hint that everything is a flashback. If you
finished watching the final episode, you'll notice the album closing scene.
The ED trailer involves a hand opening (probably Misa's) an album and
flipping it showing the various photos of Hikaru with Minmei.

> The Veritech's were called Valkyries and were distributed according to
rank VF-1A - single laser @ the head, VF-1J - double, & VF-1S - 4 laser,
also designated to the commanders of the squadrons. Also available are VT or
variable trainers for training in the usage of VF.

> The arms' names weren't changed in the TV serie and remained as Daedalus &
Promethus. However the movie version's arms came in the form of armed
sections which led to renaming the "Daedelus Attack" to Armed Attack.

> Various cuts 8<
>
> Finally there is no such thing as SDF-2 in the last part of the show. they
probably were in another part of the SDF-1 directing the VF and moved to the
bridge to fire the main guns. Also aside from the orig TV serie you should
try seeing the movie (I haven't) which has a slightly different retelling of
the whole show and better uniform.