Peter Savin (pedro@shiporama.org)
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 15:53:40 -0800

> The first of them was Dune: House Atreides, in which you find out about
Duke Paulus Atreides, Leto's father, and his wife and his death, the origin
of Duncan Idaho, Shaddam's rise to the throne, details on the Bene Gesserit
breeding program and the birth of Jessica, the war between humanity and the
AIs (artificial intelligences) that caused humanity to discard all efforts
in creating intelligent machines, and some other factors in the escalation
of the hostilities between House Harkonnen and House Atreides.

Was it worth reading? I'm rather skeptical about it, though (or perhaps
because) the original series of books is my all time favorite scifi story.

Peter Savin
bawoo@shiporama.org