Alessandro (changegetta@inwind.it)
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 19:57:23 +0100

Have you read all the six books of Dune' s saga. I have stopped with the
third. I found rhe story was becoming too absurd. And then, the main
character of the first (and of the second novel) was dead. My interest for
the saga had gone down. Anyway, you are right, those voice controlled arms
were too absurd and they were a mere invention not present (for our luck) in
novels.
Alessandro
----- Original Message -----
From: Roland Thigpen <jenius@unspacy.org>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2000 7:37 PM
Subject: Re:R: [gundam] Is Bandai screwing with First gundam??

> On Mon, 4 Dec 2000 12:34:32 +0100 Alessandro <changegetta@inwind.it>
wrote:
> >Anyway, though the film and the novel have differences, can you really
say
> >that, considering the year it was produced, it is a bad film.? I find it
> >good product, instead.
> >Alessandro
>

> Oh, I actually think the film is quite good, especially for the time, but
it ain't the novel. The main problems I had were with the weirding weapons,
and the fact that certain important things were left out of the
ending...which make a big difference in the story, you must admit. Of
course, I only came to these conclusions after first reading the novel a
year or two ago...I had never gotten around to it before for some reason.

> And I did find myself comparing the actors in the SciFi channel production
to those in the older movie...and thinking that many of the previous actors,
or actresses, were a little better, but these were still good. One I did
find much better in the older movie was Dean Stockwell, who starred as Dr.
Yueh. I'm also torn between which Gurney I like more, Patrick Stewart's or
the new one.