BlazeEagle@aol.com
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 02:01:31 EST

In a message dated 12/4/2000 1:53:28 AM Eastern Standard Time,
echofox@wingzero.net writes:

> I tried watching an episode of it and found it mindnumbingly boring, along
> with disgustingly cheesy CGI. I've yet to see CGI blatantly used in anime to
> good effect ... the only time it's been decent is when it's been fairly
> unobtrusive (Macross Plus, the dragon in Escaflowne ep1, etc) and doesn't
> immediately jump out at you as CGI. Blue Sub #6 had some nifty CGI but it
> was pretty obvious ... when it was good it looked great, but when it wasn't
> it really detracted from the scene.
> Gimme cel, or even CGI assisted cel, but CGI and anime have yet to have a

  Actually, I really liked the CGI in Blue Sub 6. Before watching it I didn't
think I'd like it, but it looks great when I saw it.

  Here's of link to the ships and mecha, for the curious:
http://www.vandread.com/about/meka.shtml

Aaron
"Believing a sign of Zeta"