Brett Jensen (heero@earthlink.net)
Fri, 01 Dec 2000 21:49:14 -0600

Hi guys,

I've been off the list for a few months so I hope nobody else has posted
this. I just read this on "Anime on DVD":

"The Original Mobile Suit Gundam (all 43 episodes) is coming to Home
Video next year. Yoshiyuki
Tomino Sensei (creator of Gundam) is involved with the dubbing &
production. The episodes are all
being digitally re-mastered to make the colors brighter and add
parallax/focus effects to give the
show greater 3D feel."

parallax/focus effects to give the show greater 3D feel??? Am I the only
one disturbed by this? It's bad enough we have to see Cheezy-ass digital
effects in modern anime, (KOFF... angel Links... KOFF, KOFF) but to
screw around with MSG is pretty much evil. I'm glad I bought that LD box
now after all.

---Brett Jensen