Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 10:27:35 -0800

Lim Jyue writes,

> Hence, what you are saying is that the Dom Funf is an Omni-Dom (for
>the Btech fans), which can be outfitted as the environments decrees?

  Exactly.

> So why did Zimmad (and the subsequent JEP) discontinue the line?
>We've only ever seen one Funf -- Delaz's -- so why the switch to Rick
Dom IIs?

  Right afterwards, Zeon adopted the Joint Equipment Plan, redesigning
their most succesful mobile suits to use standard parts for ease of
production and maintenance. Only a few designs were adopted for this
program - the Rick Dom, Gelgoog, Zaku, Z'Gok, and Hygog, from which we
get their 0080 incarnations.

  That's the official line, anyway. It's still a stupid rationalization
for the 0080 designs - Zeon had already standardized its mobile suits by
halting production of everything but the Gelgoog, and none of the 0080
designs appear to have any parts in common (like, say, joints). But there
you have it.

-- Mark